Ethos not only teaches music, our K-6th grade Academy Program yields a strong educational foundation. Students will study the core subjects of language arts, mathematics, science and history in addition to music, art and foreign language.
- Language Arts curriculum trains students in reading, writing, penmanship and spelling. This includes verse memorization, study of word origin and a variety of reading and writing assignments.
- Mathematics instruction follows the sequential Saxon Math method with additional supplementation by Singamore math. Younger students also use math readers and manipulatives.
- Science classes consist of exploration, experimentation as well as study of specific content areas from numerous references and encyclopedic sources.
- History is studied chronologically beginning with ancient civilizations the first year and moving through the middle ages, the renaissance and modern times. Texas and American history are also covered.
- We also consider Music, Art and Foreign Language instruction to be an integral part of every child’s development. These courses will be taught daily.
Children will learn Theater Arts as they perform in a musical production and highlight all the artistic skills they have been building during the school year.
Ethos has partnered with Laurel Springs School, an online private school accredited by AdvancED and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). This accreditation ensures students receive reciprocity of credits, courses and grade-level placements, while transcripts receive recognition from colleges and universities worldwide.
Laurel Springs School is an accredited, online private school for students in kindergarten through twelfth grade. Their students are fully supported by qualified, caring teachers and staff, and are connected to a global community of learners. With more than 25 years of experience, Laurel Springs is the school of choice for the college prep student who wishes to grow and excel academically and personally while maintaining a flexible schedule.
With this new partnership, Ethos will extend to our students the ability to engage in distance learning which will allow them to work from home or abroad as life may lead them without missing a beat during our students' academic growth.